Thank you for your interest in the Santa.net Annual Christmas Song Search.
History of the Santa.net Christmas Song Search- Information for Christmas Song Writers
On June 26, 1870 Christmas became a national holiday in the United States. Today the popularity of the holiday has grown worldwide. For songwriters, one of the most enduring entryways into history books and peoples hearts and Hall of Fame is the gift of a memorable holiday song. Join the list of famous Christmas composers and songwriting teams such as Irving Berlin: “White Christmas”, Johnny Marks: “Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer”; Jule Styne’s and Sammy Cahn’s “Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!” and Jay Livingston’s and Ray Evans’ “Silver Bells”, to name a few.
All these songwriting icons all started out as unknowns. Santa.net is an absolutely free Santa Claus Christmas website that dedicates itself to promoting Santa as the host to everyone’s special holidays. Santa Claus has been hosting its annual Christmas Song Search and with our visitors in the millions, we want to give unknown composers a venue to showcase their work. If you have an original Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year's, Ramadan, Winter Solstice, or “whatever holiday you care to celebrate” song sitting in a dusty drawer somewhere, we want the world to hear it.
This is NOT A CONTEST, simply a showcase opportunity for Christmas Songwriters and holiday song writers and holiday music composers. All can enter. The entries must meet the following requirements:
1. The song / music should have some relationship to a holiday (by no means limited to Christmas).
2. The music and lyrics must be completely original and the intellectual rights owned by the person(s) submitting the song
3. We have the right to reject an entry. We will try hard to not apply this right, however, bear in mind that Santa.net has a young person and family audience consisting of many children, so we can not accept songs that contains lyrical content and our policies require us to reject any songs which include hatred, racism, bigotry, physical violence or emotional abuse against any individual or group, unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, libelous or otherwise offensive material, sexually suggestive, abusive or harassing content, or which we deem to be inappropriate.
How to Enter
Please submit your song in mp3 format, a short bio of composer(s) and performers, and perhaps story behind the song/music, and a 200 x 200 pixel image to accompany your song. Please email these to song-submission(at)santa.net (change 'at' to @).
Please include the following:
- An .mp3 file of your song
- A bio of the composers, band, performers as you would like it to appear
- A 200 pixel x 200 pixel graphic to accompany your song
- The following statement giving us permission to include your song: “I/we am/are the author(s)/composer(s) of this song and owner of the intellectual rights. I am giving Santa.net permission to use this song on the Santa.net Christmas Song Search website.”
We look forward to your submission.